2022 GUIDELINES FOR GARDENING DURING COVID-19
As we enter the 2022 Growing Season, NGT continues to prioritize health and safety at community gardens as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic. NGT continues to monitor the situation and are following the recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the City of Philadelphia. We encourage you to stay up to date through these websites, as well.
Although guidelines are becoming more flexible, we are still asking all NGT community gardeners to continue to prioritize safety when visiting an NGT Garden and to follow all guidelines and have them posted in your garden. To download for printing, click here.
• Wearing a mask in the garden is optional. However, we encourage any unvaccinated gardeners or visitors to wear a mask. Wearing a mask in the garden is recommended.
• Please continue to respect social distancing while at the gardens.
• If you do not feel well, stay at home. Stay home if you have had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days.
• Have hand sanitizer and soap readily available in the garden.
• Thoroughly wash all produce you harvest from the garden.
• Take measures to sanitize and disinfect all frequently touched spots such as locks, gates, water spigots, hoses, latches, knobs on sheds, shared tools, and workspaces, etc.
Event, Meeting & Workday Guidelines
• Social gatherings, meetings and workdays may take place at the garden’s discretion.
• Advise attendees to stay home if they are feeling sick. Communicate expectations to attendees around event guidelines in advance.
• Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for event related questions.